Here’s where we put Give & Take Economics to the test in addressing real economic and social challenges.
Here are a number of conclusions of the theory which would be controversial in existing mainstream theory. Add your comments or post your own example application.
- The current tax system is ‘way-off’ for all classes, resulting in massive free riding by lobbyists. We need a benefit-driven system, not a revenue-driven system.
- US inflation of the 70’s never really died. Consumer goods inflation has declined due to imports, but has been replaced by asset boom/busts – ‘bublation’.
- Inflation is nothing more than a transfer of wealth from the poor & middle classes to the wealthy.
- Market cycles are natural and monetary and fiscal policy make things worse. Here`s how they really work.
- Professional politicians & direct lobbyists need to be replaced with direct participation government. Citizens should outsource bureaucracy but not decision-making by the majority.
- Tough punishment, protection of rights, liberty and fairness are all achieved when PTB and PTC are coupled across society. Left and right can be brought together and spurious litigation reduced.
- Privatization can be more inefficient than government since efficiency solely reflects relative power, not organizational form.
- Capitalism & democracy are at risk and current solutions aren’t going to help. Recent financial crises are just initial symptoms of a deeper long-term disconnect.
- Social assistance doesn’t have to be a drain – and many civil service jobs should actually be workfare opportunities.